Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1st Post!

Hey guys, this is Josh.  I've been sketching, but not posting, and the guilt has been welling up inside me    like a  forgotten water-balloon on the faucet.  So; here you go :)


These are all like a month old, i still need to scan conference . . .


"Bandit at Sebus"- one of the Lamanite mauraders who attacked Ammon in the Book of Mormon, Alma chapter ~18?  oh yeah, and crazy Lamanite nunchuck swords!  We're going for historical accuracy, folks ;)


Mahonri the Earth Bender!  Ether 12:30- "For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed."



Ok, so I was collecting dendelions, manly man that i am, and i thought, rather randomly - 'hmm, what if there was a sailing airship that flew the same way dandelions do?' so yeah.  I'd like to do a painting of it at some point, after I finish everything I'm currently procrastinating.  huzzah!


Ok, so there was a presentation in the HFAC about a month ago that involved a dance off.  And . . . yup.


Joseph Smith's first vision


Another sketch from the aforementioned presentation.  It concluded with Michelangelo the Ninja Turtle's interpretation of "Oliver Twist".  A lot of the big name actors do stints on stage or in broadway after their hollywood career starts to wane.  I had wondered what ever happened to that guy . . . .



4 comments:

  1. Awesome sketches, Josh! I was thinking about something like the dandelion deal, too! My wife loves "wishy things," and so that's what spurred the thought for me! Cool deal, budd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "wishy things" are always a blast :) Thanks bro! I'll be looking forward to seeing your dandelion interpretation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UMM. You are really cool. Those are the only words my blown mind can produce.
    Way to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks Karly! I just checked out your blog, and you've got some pretty cool stuff too! I loved the gestures :)

    ReplyDelete